Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summertime Crunch



Yep. I'm the worst blogger. I realize this...and I apologize to myself for neglecting this form of therapy. *sigh*




So, let's see.....since my last entry, I've:




1. Secured an AWESOME event coordinator to get me in mental shape and keep me focused: Marquita. She was referred to me by a great friend, Toshia, who does the whole "events thing" for a living. I was desperately searching and finally broke down and asked Toshia for a referral. (Since I'm inviting her to the wedding, I didn't want her to actually do it.) Marquita is a PROFESSIONAL. From Meeting #1, she grasped Keith's and my ideas and hit the ground running. I. Heart. Marquita.




2. Secured a personal trainer who I've decided is sadistic: Joe of Fitness Optimist in Laurel, MD. No, seriously...Joe was a necessity because, after some recent visits to my doc and my cardiologist (long story), it was unanimously decided that I needed to lose weight NOT for my personal vanity, but for my health. Eh. C'est la vie. Anyway, I've been working out with Joe for about a month now, three times a week, and I haven't felt this fit in years. The ADDED benefit will be to LOOK fit, too. Hence, to the dismay of my MOH, I refuse to try on any wedding gowns until at LEAST September.




3. Quit my job and became a full time student. Okay, so not a whole lot to tell here. Basically, just taking a summer course, studying for the Fall Comprehensive (to finally complete my graduate degree), and doing my summer reading for law school (which begins August 12th!).




4. Secured our deposit for the Chapel! YAY! "Going to the Cha-pel and we're...gonna get ma-a-arried..."




5. Had a food tasting with our caterer. One word: Yum. The Man and I are so pleased with our menu selection that I wish WE were guests to this wedding! Unfortunately, we probably won't get to really eat much at the reception...or so I hear. I figure if people really know me, they'd back AWAY from the Feasting Bride!! *grrr*




6. Had our engagement photo session. Erin Scott is great at what she does and impressed me with the final photo selections. I actually scored the session with Erin through Groupon, which is this great site for awesome deals. Case-in-point: her usual $300 session only cost us $75. Unfortunately, she's so great, we want to use her for the wedding....however, we most likely couldn't fit her in our budget!



7. Created our wedding website...which is still majorly under construction! The Man needs to work on his bio and I need to make mine sound less "resume-y" and more....life-lovin' ME. LOL


8. Secured our monogram:

9. Designed our Save-the-Dates' final version WITH the monogram and WITHOUT the card sleeve (cost cutting measure).

10. Figured out the bridesmaids' dresses, have an idea about their bouquets, and decided on a few ceremony things.

11. Lastly, but CERTAINLY not least, the Man and I have begun our premarital counseling. We first met with Leora Motley for an initial consultation a two weeks ago. She has a wonderful spirit about her and we're both considering asking her to officiate our ceremony!

So, I'm back on the grind with wedding planning, school planning, and future planning, while enjoying this guy I love. :-)

Thanks, Joaquina, for the reminder to update my page. I'll try to be better. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment