Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Paper Source

Wow. Sunday was interesting.

My MOH and I headed to Annapolis to check out their Paper Source and were immediately overwhelmed by the possibilities. I am THE WORST when it comes to decisions. And trying to choose paper styles, colors, sizes...ugh. Fortunately, we caught a workshop on embossing, using rubber stamps that day.

By the end of the day, (with our belly's full from Brio...y'all KNOW I'm a foodie!), we were giggling with our newly acquired embossing skill and she was eyeing my embossing heat tool enviously (and promising to get her own). Now, we're on the hunt for the perfect monogram to have it designed for the rubber stamp. I want something that says "scholar" with an "artistic" twist...and still be SIMPLE. So far, I found this:




Wish me luck...!

FH's response to my giddiness over the embossing project? "Aw, nice, babe!" with a slight look of apprehension...as though he were worried I'd ask him to do the crafting or something. I can only imagine the micro-management on my part. A disaster, I assure you.

In his defense, he surprised me Saturday and took me on a used book store scavenger hunt down in Dupont Circle so we could look for books to serve as centerpieces. AND he came up with an awesome idea to categorize the tables by book genre, as opposed to using table numbers. I LOVED it! And loved him even more once he started finding books (before I did, by the way) and categorizing them. So, now I need to decide what the design will be for those signs.

Since then, we've decided on the following:

1. Save the Date Cards that look like library check out cards. Inspiration (click the photo to visit their website):



2. Pocket invitations (I. Love. Organized. Information.) Inspiration (click the photo to visit their website):





I've emailed the BMs to let them know about my DIY High and so far, they're all gung ho about the fun we're gonna have. Hmm....I'd better provide plenty of good food and music to keep them in the fun-lovin' spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment