Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Race is On...

Well, it's been an interesting past few months. This winter has pummeled the Washington, D.C. region with tons of snow and a feeling of laziness has accompanied our being snowbound indoors for lengthy weeks.

But, despite the piles of snow on the sides of passageways that remain towering above my 5'5" frame, I am feeling a little "spring-y". And with Spring comes change. And with change comes the realization that I need to GET CRACKIN' ON THIS WEDDING!!!

The fact is that I have until August of this year (the first week, at that) to get as much done for the wedding before hanging up ALL planning until the middle of December. Why? Well, five words: First Semester of Law School. :-( I doubt seriously that I'll give two cranberries about a wedding while I'm crying my lights out over Torts.

Once December ends, I have until the middle of January before returning for my SECOND semester. And then I won't touch the wedding again until May.

Oh, and I forgot to mention: we've "upped" our date to July of 2011 (tentatively) because my dear FH (Future Husband) would like to immediately go on our honeymoon, as opposed to waiting until the subsequent December (after Fall-2L ends).

So, now, what do we have? 8 months total time to plan this wedding. So, OUT THE WINDOW flies the luxury we previously spoke of, in having sooooo much time. :-/

Currently, I'm on the hunt for a coordinator...because I fear that any prior wedding planning experience on my part will mean absolutely nothing on the day of our nuptials. Unfortunately, the going rate for professional coordinators starts around $1200 and, while FH thinks I should have someone help to relieve the stress, even he thinks that is a bit steep. I mean, really. I've done this countless times. What on earth justifies my doing EVERYTHING (down to handing you the centerpieces and explaining their construction) and then paying you over a thousand bucks to virtually stand with a clipboard and a headset and boss people around???

Clearly, I'm in the wrong line of career ambition. I think some lawyers make less than that!

Anyway, on top of that, FH and I are trying to narrow down our vendors.

All I can say is that I used to LOVE this kinda stuff. But right now.....eh, not-so-much!

No comments:

Post a Comment