Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Proposal - September 5, 2009


Okay, so I've told this over and over again...and now it's posted so I [hopefully] don't have to tell it verbally again! LOL

Short Version (the Man calls this the "Male Version")

The Man proposed to me while we were in the Bahamas, under a nearly full moon on a white adirondack swing set. I was shocked. It was unexpected. I screamed and cried...and nearly knocked the man over...completely ignoring the ringbox in his hand...and then finally accepted his proposal.

Long Version (...naturally...the "Female Version")

The Man and I went to dinner on Saturday night (September 5th) while in the Bahamas. Afterward, we decided to go for a walk around a courtyard that overlooked the beach/ocean (it's where the weddings are held on the resort). We talked about our relationship and reminisced over the last few years (something we commonly do, so it still didn't tip me off that something was coming). Eventually, another couple who'd been occupying a white adirondack swing set got up to leave and we took their spot. While we rocked, we had a random conversation about the clarity of the sky, the beauty of the ocean, and our good fortune that the moon was so bright so we could see everything clearly. At one point, we marvelled at a set of clouds that astonishingly resembled a couple going in for a kiss, right in front of the moon. True story, I promise!

Anyway, after a period of silence:

The Man: "How much do you love me?"
Me: *thinking of something really sappy* "If you took ALL of my love and bottled it up, that ocean out there still wouldn't be able to contain it."
The Man: "Wow...! Do you know how much I love you?"
Me: "How much?"
The Man: "My love for you is bigger than Kanye West's ego!"
Me: *laughter* "Dang...that's a LOT of love!"
We played this game for a little while longer, before:
The Man: "Do you know how much I love you?"
Me: "How much?"
The Man: "I love you so much..."
Me: *giggle* [anticipating a really funny one]
The Man: "I love you sooo much..."
Me: *bubbling with anticipation of a silly example*
The Man: "I love you SO much...." *he stood up* "...that I want to spend the rest of my life with you."
Me: *eyes wide, breath caught in my chest*
The Man: *lowered himself to one knee* "[My FULL Government Name]...will you --"
Me: "AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!" *tears flowing, shaking* "Of COURSE I will!"

I jumped out of the swing grabbed his face with both hands and kissed him....almost knocking him off balance as I joined him on the ground on both of my own knees. Yeah, I know...I wasn't thinking of decorum. LOL
He chuckled and pointed out that I hadn't even looked at the ring he was holding, at which point I felt the pain of my knee on the sandy platform and stood back up. I brushed myself off and tried to regain my composure, giggling the whole time, before looking at the sparkles in the moonlight. I FINALLY extended my hand for him to put the ring on my finger before he stood up.

Because of International rates and such on my cellphone, I had to wait THREE WHOLE DAYS before I could finally spread the word!

1 comment:

  1. That is one of the sweetest proposals I have ever heard!

    ReplyDelete